Re: Use of "your"

Subject: Re: Use of "your"
From: "Tamminga, Ernie" <et -at- DSC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 07:23:14 -0700

Methinks that's from the olden days, when engineers instead of tech
writers formulated the "standards" for tech writing. I recall an
engineer or two referring to rules like this as being intended to
produce "objective language" (as opposed to what, I don't know...
subjective?).

The "convention" is no longer (as) widely practiced, although still
widely enough to obscure the meaning of the publications put out by some
companies.

--------
Ernie Tamminga
Director, InfoEngineering
Digital Sound Corporation
Opinions expressed are my own, and not necessarily those of Digital
Sound Corporation