Re: Grow UP and stop knocking those with degrees!!!!

Subject: Re: Grow UP and stop knocking those with degrees!!!!
From: Buck Buchanan <buck -dot- buchanan -at- CITICORP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 10:40:13 -0700

DWeber said:

> So, when I graduated with a very impressive portfolio and got job
> offers ALL over the country.....I DESERVED IT!!!!!

Buck said (once again):

Those of us who, through stupidity or some other reason, failed to
finish our degree must be extremely careful in our views of self.

1. We must never start to believe that our success in life (or as a TW)
is because we don't have that degree. Just imagine how great we would be
if we had our self-taught expertise plus the kind of training that
DWeber received. My god; if only...

2. We must continue to learn...whether from degreed folks like Diana, or
from the courses that we continue to take.

Anyone who flails a degreed TW simply because she pursued an education
while the flailer traipsed around the world searching for excitement,
should have his passport cut off.
--
Buck Buchanan
Software Documentation

Home: writer -at- dhc -dot- net but changing soon. No messages there, please.
Paying Lond Distance charges.