Resume Length (2 pages ok?)

Subject: Resume Length (2 pages ok?)
From: DWeber <dweber -at- HARRIS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 13:18:01 EST

I was always told as a rule of thumb, to try to keep my resume to one
page.....at all costs.

By doing that, I find myself having to remove what I feel is
impressive project descriptions that were completed in college. To
me, they show a more well-roundedness in experience, that I am not
just limited to working in a defense/government environment (my
current and previous employment).

So, what's your opinion on a multiple page resume? Tacky, or
necessary? I don't want to short-change my experience just to squeeze
it all on one page. Appearance in a resume is important too, so you
can't overcrowd. I'd like to hear from those who actually hire tech
writers and others.....what do you look for in a resume?

Thanks in advance,

Di