Again...A Young Profession

Subject: Again...A Young Profession
From: Don Sargent <don -dot- sargent -at- TEMPLATE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 16:17:27 -0400

I clicked "Send" before my first message was finished. Sorry
about that...

The evolution of our profession is very much
like the evolution of consumer products such
as cars, furniture, and so on.

Early on, these items were handcrafted on
an as-needed basis. After a while, better
designs became dominant. When demand for
these items increased, mass production
was the only way to make enough.

Technical Communication degree programs are our
attempts to mass produce the best prototypical
tech writers.

--
Don Sargent
Template Software, Inc. "I might only get three strikes in