Missed another opportunity to be insecure

Subject: Missed another opportunity to be insecure
From: Amy Brown <abrown -at- OPENMARKET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 09:55:26 -0400

Geoff Hart wrote:

>Clarification: Amy Brown had wondered <<Is a browser
> "insecure" or "nonsecure"?>>, and in a moment of inspired
> self-editing, I responded: "I'd be distressed if "insecure"
> is the standard because, like you, it seems too
> anthropomorphic to me.>>

> See? I told you everyone needs an editor! <stitch> Sorry,
> Amy... didn't mean to imply that _you_ were too
> anthropomorphic. That should have read "because I agree
> with you that it seems too anthropomorphic". Sigh.

Geoff, did someone write to you about this? I knew what you meant!!!

Dang, I guess I just missed another opportunity to read a personal insult into a perfectly innocuous comment. Won't make that mistake again.

Amy "More Human Than Human" Brown
abrown -at- openmarket -dot- com
TECHWR-L (Technical Communication) List Information: To send a message to 2500+ readers, e-mail to TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU -dot- Send commands to LISTSERV -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU (e.g. HELP or SIGNOFF TECHWR-L). Search the archives at http://www.documentation.com/ or search and browse the archives at http://listserv.okstate.edu/archives/techwr-l.html