Re[2]: Salaries

Subject: Re[2]: Salaries
From: DWeber <dweber -at- HARRIS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 12:49:51 EST

I find that salary offers also can shift dramatically on the basis of
supply and demand. For instance, at the time I interviewed with my
current employer, they really needed someone ASAP....almost
desperately. I got exactly what I asked for in salary, and probably
could have gotten more had I asked for more.

Three months later when my department was looking to hire more tech
writers, but at a slower pace, I recruited some college buddies. They
got offered $10,000 than I did...and their salary requests were around
what I had asked for.

When you work in a government environment, and probably contracting
too, salary often depends on how much is budgeted on that particular
program or project by the customer. In my experience, timing seems to
be a big factor.

Just my observations.

Di