Re: Inappropriate interview....(Long but I'm venting so it's ok)

Subject: Re: Inappropriate interview....(Long but I'm venting so it's ok)
From: Sandra Charker <scharker -at- MASTERPACK -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 12:32:58 +1000

>I had a rather annoying interview last night, over the phone. I was
called by a human resource person from a private company to "screen" me
before I go to a formal interview with the company I'm interested in. She
asked me about 5 technical writing related questions...then started
prodding into work environment questions

>Now, I've had quite a few technical phone interviews before...and NEVER
was a I asked the questions that were asked to me. These are only a few of
the inappropriate questions (at least in my eyes). [SNIP]

Our Human Resources guy comments that he started out thinking that the
interviewer was trying to get a rise, but he finished up thinking that she
didn't know what she was doing.

If I ever gave advice to anybody, which I don't, I'd say don't send a nasty
letter. If you're really interested in the company and the job, contact the
hiring manager and say that you have some questions about the position. At
least you'll get an idea whether anyone in the company has a clue.

Sandra Charker
mailto:scharker -at- masterpack -dot- com -dot- au