Re: Desktop Publishing & Graphics programs

Subject: Re: Desktop Publishing & Graphics programs
From: Peggy Schillinger <peggys -at- STLNET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 22:31:42 -0500

Dr. Bill Warner wrote:

> 1) What DTP program should I have my boss purchase: Pagemaker,
> Quark, or Ventura Publisher?

Go with Ventura.

> 2) What graphics or draw program should I have my boss purchase:
> Corel, Photoshop, Paint Shop Prog?

I think that you should look at CorelXARA before you limit your choices
for graphics. I discovered it this past spring and now am a big fan. It
has powerful capabilities, excellent tutorials, and a very interesting
interface. I paid $185. Paint Shop Pro doesn't cost so much that you
couldn't buy it for yourself in a pinch.

Regards....Peggy Schillinger
Peggy Schillinger peggys -at- stlnet -dot- com
Computer Software Technical Writer 314-569-9495 (V)
Co-President, STC St. Louis (MO) 314-994-1905 (F)

"I began to develop a firm conviction that most efforts to
teach people things were wasted. All they needed was to
go off some place quiet and read." ---Richard Russo