Hmmmmm. . . " 'nough said"??!!

Subject: Hmmmmm. . . " 'nough said"??!!
From: Heather Achtziger <hachtziger -at- ROCKTENN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 14:33:27 -0400

Pat Gantt wrote:
Just think how much time and effort it would have saved if "people"
would have believed me in the first place. Took Tim's send
(hint, hint) to say the samething. Folks. I ain't just
whistling Dixie here. I have truly done that and been there.

My first masters work was in Reading. Many, many years ago and
I have taught some of the most difficult cases ever... talking
complete reversal dyslexics, autistics, and bullheaded manglement
types so... 'nough said please!

And you have published this research in. . . . ??!! I would be happy to
read your material and mention
your name in my next posting to this list, if that would quell your, well.
. . is it anger? I'm not quite sure I
understand. Is it at me for having read Tim's (Altom's) article or at Tim
for having written the article, thereby treading
on your turf? Or am I missing your point altogether? (I don't know,
though, it seems to me people in this profession
only use the word "ain't" when they're really pissed or feel really
slighted!)

I don't have your "many many years" of experience, you see. I was educated
in the previous decade, and
what I was taught about research -- in that decade, anyway, maybe it was
different for you -- is that a valid research
topic and valid research questions shouldn't be abandoned just because
someone, somewhere, a long time ago
asked similar questions and no one listened.

Perhaps you should dig it all back out and get it out there in print so
those of us researching seemingly "new" topics
will have some tried and true, expert opinions to read about, INSTEAD of
berating us with your "been theres" and
"done thats" for researching what we feel are worthy areas of this field.