Query: Translations & legal issues

Subject: Query: Translations & legal issues
From: Paula Reynolds <paular -at- MTIA -dot- MT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 08:59:01 -0500

Hello,

Our manufacturing firm has never sent electronic copies of our manual to our
customers, due to the fear of manipulating the text and perhaps overwriting
some of our safety descriptions and warnings.

Now we have a customer who wants an electronic copy because they want to
make a translation. Marketing wants to go ahead and send them one, and I
say no...either we provide a translation or they can type it in themselves.
How have you folks handled this? Am I being too paranoid (probably)?

Thanks in advance,

Paula Reynolds
Documentation Leader
Hi-Speed Checkweigher Company