Re: Project idea (was: RE: Myths and Facts From SSI)

Subject: Re: Project idea (was: RE: Myths and Facts From SSI)
From: Beth Agnew <bagnew -at- INSYSTEMS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 16:51:38 -0400

Mike Collier suggested:

>Students enrolled in technical writing programs (and their professors)
>take note: Take a look at the assertions made over at
>http://www.radiotower.com/ssi-can/facts.html Interview technical
>writers, consultants, documentation managers, etc. for their comments on
>the worthiness and veracity of the statements made there. Find out if,
>or how many, professionals share those beliefs.

>The work you do may help shape the future of technical communication for
>you and the rest of us young folk...don't forget to summarize for the
>list.

And let Bonney pull it off the list and put it into his web page?
Instead, why not submit it to the STC Journal or Intercom, where
the conclusions can be properly reviewed and the study get the
approbation it deserves. That *is* what one does with real research,
don't you agree?

BTW, why are we giving SSI more airtime? There must have been
a good 20 or so who went to Bonney's site to check it out, it's been
published over and over on the list, it'll end up in the ARCHIVES for
pity's sake, and now we're sending *students* there?
(Has anyone submitted it to www.corecomm.com/corecomm/worst.html?)

--Beth

Beth Agnew
Senior Technical Writer, InSystems Technologies Inc.
mailto:bagnew -at- insystems -dot- com Tel: (905) 513-1400 ext. 280
Fax: (905) 513-1419
Visit us at: http://www.insystems.com