Questions on insurance co. project

Subject: Questions on insurance co. project
From: Rebecca Carr <rebecca -at- WHITE -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 18:12:58 -0500

7-29-97

Looking for some expert help ASAP for my would-be tech writer daughter
and her first project after graduation in the world of work. She has a
temp job at an insurance company with an opportunity to make a good
contribution and possibly get a permanent job offer while she is waiting
on responses to resumes and cover letters.

I don't work with the programs she is asking about (I use Interleaf and
FrameMaker and write technical user manuals for the electronics/computer
industry) and I would really appreciate it if any writers on this list
would respond to her questions. You can send me email directly (I get this
list in digest form) or answer on the list. She lives in Austin and has
just graduated from UT with majors in English and Political Science.
She is very sharp but nervous about having no experience in this field.
She is most familiar with Microsoft software packages and they are what
her company is using.

Thanks very much for any and all help directed her way.

Here is her letter with questions: