Re: Who writes employment exams?

Subject: Re: Who writes employment exams?
From: Candie McKee <cmckee -at- AIG -dot- VIALINK -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 11:31:20 -0500

> > Just took an employment test which is given to apparently hundreds
> of
> > people in my state. I feel young again since it was so reminiscent
> of the
> > PSAT.
>
> I just took at data entry postal exam (subcontractor
> screening- paper and pencil) with no data-entry
> on-line testing. Strange? Hmmmm.
>
> I am about to take a screening exam Monday for a
> local utility company. Basic math, reading, logic...
>
> Can't wait. <groan>
>
> Makes me wonder if the screeners can read
> my qualifications brief. <no humor intended>
>
> --

I recently did a project that was knee deep in HR procedures and
policies (company policies and legal policies). From my experience with
this project, it would make sense to me that they do it because it
fulfills the legal policies of treating everyone equal and fair. You
know, saves them from any law suites that might be filed based on
discrimination. People can sue over most anything these days. HR tries
to protect itself as much as possible because of that fact.

But I do agree, it seems so useless when they have a complete resume to
view.