Re: Who writes employment exams?

Subject: Re: Who writes employment exams?
From: Pat Gantt <pagantt -at- POSTOFFICE -dot- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 13:06:21 -0500

> I recently did a project that was knee deep in HR procedures and
> policies (company policies and legal policies). From my experience with
> this project, it would make sense to me that they do it because it
> fulfills the legal policies of treating everyone equal and fair. You
> know, saves them from any law suites that might be filed based on
> discrimination. People can sue over most anything these days. HR tries
> to protect itself as much as possible because of that fact.

Yes, you are quite correct and in line with
HR policies. It is merely a CYA activity.

I understand the reasoning too through my HR training,
education, and experience.

This gives the "appearance" of fairness.

Of course interviews after the initial screening
are quite another matter.

<sigh>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Best Regards,

Pat Gantt, M.S. HRD
Personal email ~ pagantt -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net
The University of Tennessee Alum
Technical and Vocational Studies Guide
~ The Mining Company ~
Biz Mail ~ votech -dot- guide -at- miningco -dot- com
http://votech.miningco.com
[humor = (intelligence + personality)]
GO VOLS! Don't ask Peyton who!