Re: Word to Acrobat

Subject: Re: Word to Acrobat
From: Keith Soltys <ksoltys -at- DJTTD -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 13:04:16 GMT

I concur with Bill's recommendation of Compose. It has been a real time-saver
for me, especially when dealing with large files. It does a lot more than
just create bookmarks too.

The only downside is that it costs more than Exchange, but if you have to
deal with a lot of PDF files it is definitely worth the money.

>I don't think Word can generate Acrobat data, so bookmarks would not be
>created automatically. However, Ambia has a tool called Compose that can
>generate bookmarks in the PDF based on styles. It will also allow you to
>copy some link commands from one page onto others.
>You can download the application at
>Bill Burns
>Technical Writer
>ILE Communications Group
>billdb -at- ile -dot- com

Keith Soltys -- ksoltys -at- djttd -dot- com --
Senior Technical Writer, Technical Development, Dow Jones Markets Inc.
Certainly the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you;
if you don't bet, you can't win. --Robert A. Heinlein

Search the archives at or search and
browse the archives at