Re: Auto TOC in MS Weird 6.0 (subversive)

Subject: Re: Auto TOC in MS Weird 6.0 (subversive)
From: Dan BRINEGAR <vr2link -at- VR2LINK -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 04:21:30 -0700

Bridget Kerr <BMKERR -at- MAIL -dot- DELCOELECT -dot- COM>-- "For some reason, the automatic
Table of Contents refuses to work with the document. "

richard_schellens -at- MAIL -dot- GDT1 -dot- COM -- "I had exactly the same problem. We
tried more memory (24 meg) with no difference. Finally, I bought Word97 and
it worked fine. BUT [t]here is an amazing bug in Word 97 <snip> BTW, the MS
support site indicates that the fix is to not do it. I'm serious!"

Buck Buchanan <buck -dot- buchanan -at- citicorp -dot- com> -- "We use ONLY MSWord6 here and
it's awful! A colleague just completed a 400-pager with 300 tables. <snip>I
think she's going to leave over the issue of MSWord. Wish I could."

Buck says it all, so I will restrain my subversive tendencies and refrain
from reposting my "useless tools" rant, and merely invite y'all to point
your browsers to:

<http://www8.zdnet.com/macweek/mw_1130/ga_framemaker.html>

Dan BRINEGAR, CCDB Vr2Link
Performance S u p p o r t Svcs.
Phoenix, Arizona

vr2link -at- vr2link -dot- com
http://www.vr2link.com
"Show up, be there, think it up and do it, exceed your job-description,
control your own means of production (that's yer brain)! "