Interview War Stories - Part Trois

Subject: Interview War Stories - Part Trois
From: Cheryle Wiese <cjwiese -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 11:00:35 PDT

For those of you who have been following my interview thread, here's an
update:

I went on the third interview with "Company Tightwad" last Monday. I was
told that the $24K annual salary was "all they could budget for" through
1997. I asked if there was room for a salary review at that time,
provided things were working out. I was told, "there's the possibility,
but no guarantee." I had the feeling I wasn't going to get the job, and
I didn't. I received a very short rejection letter on Friday, which
didn't upset me, because I was planning on turning them down anyway.
There was no way I could afford to work for them.

Company "B" - The company I really want to work for. Have not heard yes
or no, although they said they would be "letting people know" by August
1. I'm wondering, if I haven't heard anything by EOD today, would it be
okay to call on Tuesday to "check in?" Hmmm ...

Thanks to everyone for their great advice. I'm almost finished compiling
my "advice mail" and will send it to those who requested it as soon as I
can.

Cheryle (still looking for work ... :( )
"Finding the answer, it's a human obsession. But you might
as well talk to the stones and trees and the sea,
'Cause nobody knows,
And so few can see."

-from "Estonia" by Marillion