Re: importing Excel to Frame

Subject: Re: importing Excel to Frame
From: "Nagai, Paul" <pnagai -at- VISA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 11:22:49 -0700

>At 08:21 AM 7/31/97 -0700, you wrote:
>>Hope this helps. Maybe Adobe will realize there is a need for FILTERS in
>>their program and add them in the next version. PageMaker has them . . .
>>
>Ironically, Adobe used to *own* a filter company (MasterSoft) but neglected
>the technology and sold it to MasterSoft's competitor INSO, who will kill it
>completely.

I have been in touch with Inso twice regarding Adobe File Utilities, the
software Inso purchased from Adobe (part of which, Word for Word, Adobe
purchased with Frame Technologies who originally purchased it from
Mastersoft).

Inso's first response (dated March 4, 1997):

>Thank you for inquiring about our newly acquired software Adobe File
>Utilities. At this time the product is no longer available to the public.
>At a later date we will update the product and introduce it to the public.
>At the present time I'm compiling a database of all inquiries to be
>notified upon it's release. If you would like to be included in the
>database and receive the information please send the name of your company,
>address, phone number, and point of contact. Thank you for your time and
>patience through this transition.

Their second response (dated July 28, 1997):

... at this time [Inso is] still at a stand still on the software Adobe
File
Utilities. Thanks for inquiring.

The best thing I can say is that they have responded within a reasonable
period of time to my queries.

------
Paul Nagai
Visa International