What is documentum?

Subject: What is documentum?
From: "Amy M. Lattof" <amyl -at- ILINC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 15:50:31 -0400

Can anyone recommend a good piece of version control software for storing document and image files? We're currently using Visual Source Safe 4.0, but we've had several instances of corrupt files. It's really a sw development tool, and I'm thinking maybe its just not meant to handle our types of files. I saw a mention of Documentum the other day, but I'm not sure what it is.

Has anyone had success with VSS? Can you recommend any other packages?

Please reply off list and I'll post a summary if others are interested.

TIA,

Amy

Amy M. Lattof
Manager of Technical Communications
Interactive Learning International Corp. (ILINC)
518-283-8799
amyl -at- ilinc -dot- com
www.ilinc.com