Re: Viable substitute for Word Master Document "feature"-Reply

Subject: Re: Viable substitute for Word Master Document "feature"-Reply
From: Jessica N Lange <jlange -at- OHIOEE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 17:00:27 -0400

Colleen Adams wrote:
>Just curious... What is your #3, "at start of each file is a Seq field code"?
What is this field code?

This is what happens when you develop a routine that works and you don't think about it again--til someone asks you.
The SEQ code is only used to allow page numbers in the form "chapter number-page number", as in 2-5, 2-6 and so on. The RD and TOC/Index fields are all that are needed to create TOCs etc. from multiple documents.

If you're interested, the SEQ code I use is
{ seq section \rx }
where "section" is an identifier, and "x" is the section number.
Then in the TOC document, after the RD fields, I use
{ toc \s section }
to produce the toc with the section number-page number format.

I'm sending this to the list to correct my earlier post. Apologies if I confused anyone.

Jessica N. Lange
Technical Communicator
Ohio Electronic Engravers Inc
mailto:jlange -at- ohioee -dot- com