Re: Creativity

Subject: Re: Creativity
From: Documania <dcma -at- MAIL1 -dot- NAI -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 19:56:50 -0500

At 01:13 PM 8/4/97 -0500, you wrote:
> Not entirely true, actually. More than one writer has discovered
> their 'design' as they've written. It may have been semi-conscious
> from the start, but they revealed it to themselves incrementally, not
> in one preconceived plan.

As one who wrote first then worried about design, all I can say is
regardless of how you get your ideas to flow, you still need to put them
into a form that makes sense to the reader. And that means craft, craft,
and more craft. Even more craft if you plan to sell. The only people who
get it even close to right on the first try are those who outline
meticulously -- in advance.

Carolyn Haley
DocuMania
dcma -at- ct1 -dot- nai -dot- net