Re: One or two spaces after a full stop?

Subject: Re: One or two spaces after a full stop?
From: "Bergerson, Carl A" <Carl -dot- Bergerson -at- UNISYS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 14:24:34 -0000

Round and round we go!

A few years ago I was contracting and got into this with the in house
writer. She produced a secretarial handbook that espoused two spaces.
This was clearly shown in the illustrations which were set in 10 or 12
pitch courier. What she missed was the text was typeset in 10 point
Times and used a single space between sentences.

And, yes I can use Word's pattern matching to remove or add spaces after
punctuation. I'd have to write a, not too complex, macro to avoid doing
it in the wrong places (e.g., e.g.)<g>.