jack bonney's "Survey"

Subject: jack bonney's "Survey"
From: Carma C Allen <ccallen -at- BECKMAN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 14:54:48 -0800

Among the latest responses to mr. bonney's "survey" was following.

>>Jack Bonney posted the results of a survey on technical writing
practices. My consulting company works with hundreds of corporations and
technical writers. Most of them use some sort of standards for
documents. I think the survey results must have come from a
self-selction process--i.e., writers who favor complete writer autonomy
chose to express their opinions, others didn't.

Actually, mr. bonney didn't post a survey. He posted a bunch of half-baked
opinions about the technical publication process. His original post had the
desired affect - lots of real technical writers reacted (just as they are
doing to his new post) by feeding him the processes and procedures he needs
to be able to talk about technical publishing as if he and his alleged
company had ever had any publishing experience.

I think his previous experience must have been as a telemarketer. Come on,
folks, ignore him and maybe he'll go away.

Carma
ccallen -at- beckman -dot- com