Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Subject: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
From: Bonnie Granat <bgranat -at- LYNX -dot- DAC -dot- NEU -dot- EDU>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 13:03:40 +0000

Oh, rats! I've evidently got the early stages of
carpal tunnel syndrome. It appears to be the
mouse that is causing it, and not typing or piano
playing, but I've got pain on the underside of my
wrist.

I'm going to make an appointment with a doctor,
but I am concerned now about my employment
future. I've been working on a temporary job in
which I've used the mouse extensively and at
home, I'm on the computer a lot. How can I work
without my right hand and without usung a mouse?

Anybody have experience with this syndrome? I've
been doing research on the net just now, in
preparation for getting off the computer and
giving my hand a rest for a while, but I thought
I'd just ask and check in occasionally to see if
anyone has any ideas or recommendations.

Too bad I'm not ambidexterous! TIA. Ouch. Now
it's hurting when I type.

I posted the above to another list earlier
today and now I've puchased a wrist brace and
have changed my mouse to a left-handed mouse and
am typing with my left hand only.

I'm hoping the symptoms will go away, but I
really don't know what to expect.

Bonnie Granat
e-mail: bgranat -at- lynx -dot- dac -dot- neu -dot- edu
home page: http://lynx.neu.edu/home/httpd/b/bgranat/