Re: Bulleted lists

Subject: Re: Bulleted lists
From: Ron Rhodes <rrhodes -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 14:47:00 -0400

Ira Jacobson writes,

<<<<<_I_ would use a colon. I also at times follow each bulleted item
with a
semi-colon, and the last with a period. Thus, the list is in essence a
complete grammatical sentence.

Any reason not to?>>>>>>

I'll ditto that, Ira.

I think, in general, that a bulleted list should be treated like it's a
continuation of the sentence before. If not, each bulleted item should
be a complete sentence. Last, I really like your idea about using
semicolons, so long as the complete clauses are not better off standing
by themselves.

Did I make myself clear as mud?

Ron Rhodes
Technical Writer - Compuware