LateX vs. FrameMaker

Subject: LateX vs. FrameMaker
From: Suzanne Tromara <st -at- AGATE -dot- BBTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 09:51:44 -0400

Soliciting opinions about LaTeX vs. FrameMaker...

We've been using LaTeX for writing software documentation
for years, and our TeX guru has written numerous macros
for our specialized formatting needs. It's time (alas) to
get our documentation online, so we need to either upgrade
our LaTeX or convert to FrameMaker (a lot of work either
way). There are lots of arguments for choosing either

Has anyone been involved in converting from LaTeX to
FrameMaker? Why did you (or your dept./co.) switch
and how did the conversion go?

All feedback very much appreciated! I'll summarize to the

ALSO: Does Frame 5.5 enable you to do a global search
(without replacing) across book files? Or, do you really
have to open each file to search for a string?

Suzanne Tromara
Blackboard Technology
(st -at- bbtech -dot- com)

Search the archives at or search and