Re: Frame/Adobe (was Software Application)

Subject: Re: Frame/Adobe (was Software Application)
From: "Bergen, Jane" <janeb -at- ANSWERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 08:47:19 -0500

The new FrameMaker 5.5 is now coming with Adobe Acrobat/Distiller
included. Wonder if that tells you something about the future of
FrameViewer???? The advantage of distributing Acrobat over FrameViewer
is that it is FREE. Every time you send a customer FrameViewer you have
to pay...or at least it used to be that way.

Jane

On Tuesday, August 19, 1997 4:24 PM, Kathy Marshall
[SMTP:kmarshall -at- MODACAD -dot- COM] wrote:

> On the other hand, Adobe has a product called FrameViewer, which
allows
> you to distribute view-only FrameMaker documents. It probably costs
more
> than Acrobat, but would allow you to take advantage of FrameMaker's
> hypertext features.
>
> -Kathy
>
> > ----------
> > From: Brian Lindgren[SMTP:bjl -at- AWOD -dot- COM]
> >
> > It would be much more feasible to "print" the FrameMaker file into
> > Adobe
> > Acrobat (or a similar program) and include the Acrobat Reader on the
> > CD.
> > You'd also sidestep copyright and licensing infringement.

> > > From: Stephen Forrest <techwriter -at- IBM -dot- NET>

Jane Bergen, Technical Writer,
AnswerSoft, Inc. Richardson, TX
janeb -at- answersoft -dot- com