Master docs in Word 97

Subject: Master docs in Word 97
From: quiroz <quiroz1 -at- HOTCOCO -dot- INFI -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 13:21:05 -0700

Fellow Tech-Whirlers,

I was wondering if there is anyone out there who has actually been
successful using the Master Document feature in Word 97 (aka Word 8).

I am attempting to create a Master Doc that contains the following seven
sub-docs:

- Title page
- Front matter (e.g. copyright page, how to contact tech support, etc.)
- Chapter 1
- Chapter 2
- Chapter 3
- Chapter 4
- Chapter 5

There are three graphics in Chapter 1 and two graphics in
Chapter 5. All graphics were created using Word's graphics tools. There
are about 100 pages total.

I have contacted MS tech support a couple of times and short of retyping
the files, I have tried all of their suggestions to no avail. They seem
to believe that my docs are corrupted. However, the docs do not give me
a corrupted warning message until after I attempt to put them in a
Master Doc. Then, the I get corrupted warnings on the chapters with
graphics.

I am sort of pulling my hair out here.

I really would love to hear from anyone who has successfully created a
book between 75 and 100 pages in Word 97 using the Master Doc feature.
Alternative solutions for creating a book in Word 97 would also be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Edie Quiroz