Quick Start sections.

Subject: Quick Start sections.
From: Rikk Hallowell <rikk -at- COGNEX -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 09:55:35 -0400

I'm interested in opinions on "Quick Start" sections - a section near
the beginning of a book where the reader follows detailed instructions
in order to accomplish some simple tasks with the software. It's
understood that the reader doesn't necessarily grasp the process, but is
able to see what can be done and how the major pieces of the interface
work together. Detailed chapters describing how to use the software
follow later.

We're debating on whether to write (or whether *I'll* write) a Quick
Start section for some brand-new software we're producing.

Rikk "rikk -at- cognex -dot- com"