Punctuation in Captions

Subject: Punctuation in Captions
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 14:57:07 -0400

Tom Phillips <tphillips -at- CCMGATE -dot- MBSBOOKS -dot- COM> wrote:

>I am uncertain as to the proper punctuation guidelines for a
>photo/screen shot caption. Specifically, should there be a >period (or other appropriate punctuation) at the end of a >caption?

It's more important to be consistent than to follow a set rule.

If your captions are more than a sentence long, though, I'd use a period
at the end. Otherwise, the last sentence would look odd, as you can see

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
(bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com) (604) 421-7189

"It's fifteen miles till sunset
Whichever path I choose,
Fifteen miles and all my life to go.
And the world always turns to evening,