Re[2]: Table of Contents Problem

Subject: Re[2]: Table of Contents Problem
From: Gershon Joseph <gershon_joseph -at- ICOMVERSE -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 15:46:42 +0200

CAUTION to all users up?grading to Word 97:

When porting Word 6 and 95 templates to Word 97, the original styles
get messed up. It's best to redifine all your styles in Word 97 and
port only your macros (which may need some tweaking, too).

Remember that most of the bugs you're used to in Word 95 and Word 6
(and even Word 2!) are still there. Microsoft added some new bugs,
too, to keep us on our toes!

Gershon.

Subject: Re: Table of Contents Problem
Author: <LPraderio -at- AOL -dot- COM> at Inter-mail
Date: 8/22/97 11:03 AM

word 97 also hosed our table of contents and indexes. for example, it changed
our styles for toc level 2 entries to have bullets; we had font substitutions
within words (all we use are styles). we dropped back to word 95 and it all
works fine. we also found that word 97 may have corrupted our registry (eek!)
files.

laura praderio
antarctic support associates
lpraderio -at- aol -dot- com