Indexing using Word

Subject: Indexing using Word
From: Ron Reynolds <rreynolds -at- GESB -dot- WA -dot- GOV -dot- AU>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 14:07:46 +0800

Hi Team

I have an unenviable task of maybe adding 60 hours or so to a User Guide
project for my masters.

The standard for these docs is to include an index.

It's 180pp and I estimate about 60+ hours. I've got a feeling master is
going to say, "can't Word do it?"

I've only ever done 'proper' 'human' indexes (using FrameMaker). Has
anyone any experience using the Word 7a index facility (search for the
key words, mark them, etc) and would it be worth it in the long run?

Thanks in advance.

Ron Reynolds
Project Librarian, Super Plus Project