Re: Good HTML books

Subject: Re: Good HTML books
From: Jennifer Jelinek <jlkraus -at- AMETEKWATER -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 14:14:56 -0500

In addition to an HTML reference book, I'd also suggest a good guide to the web
site development process. It takes a little more time at the beginning to effectively
plan your site, but it is a nightmare to try to revamp a mixed-up web site half-way
through production [speaking from inherited-website experience, grumble,

One of my favorite books in this genre is __Web Weaving---Designing and
Managing an Effective Website__. It provides a well-written overview of the entire
web site creation process, from setting up a server, to plotting the site
"infostructure," to writing and designing pages. And it's not written in tech-speak.

The WWW has some great resources, as well (go figure). I like:
The Yale Internet Style Guide (

Web Design for Designers (

UWEC Web Publishing Series--my alma mater's great web authoring tutorial (

Hope this helps!

Jennifer Jelinek
jlkraus -at- ametekwater -dot- com
Ametek water filters