Re: Help on RoboHELP

Subject: Re: Help on RoboHELP
From: Scott Miller <scott_miller -at- CCMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 11:56:24 -0800

project that was not finished. Could anybody give me an idea about how
difficult this will be?? No one here knows the program (the person who
did quit months ago. I work on a Windows 95 platform
<<<<<<

Learning RoboHelp is not difficult. I had someone walk me through it for a day,
and I was up and running.

Learning WinHelp authoring is another story. Unless you know, for example, how
an ALink is different from a KLink, what secondary windows are, what an HPJ file
is, etc., you have a lot to learn no matter what authoring tool you use.

Learning to write online help in general is an even bigger challenge, but that's
another topic.

So, if you've created Windows Help before, RoboHelp is easy to learn. If you're
brand new to WinHelp, learning RoboHelp is the least of your concerns. You
should get at least one guide to creating WinHelp. See:

http://www.workwrite.com/reshelp.htm

- Scott Miller
Lotus cc:Mail
Scott_Miller -at- ccmail -dot- com