TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
Subject:Is there a nice way to say... From:Maura Betler <Maura_Betler -at- G1 -dot- COM> Date:Wed, 27 Aug 1997 22:00:00 -0500
Thanks to everyone who responded to my request for help in pointing
out "limitations" in software. As requested, here are the Cliff's
- Label it "Troubleshooting"
- Label it "Restrictions"
- say that "in order for this thing to work, the following conditions
must be true...
- Label it "Special Conditions"
- Label it "Work-Arounds"
- Label it "Issues"
- say that "this feature is only active (available) if..."
- Use "Restrictions" with these sub-heads: requirements; you must
have...; and It is helpful to have...;
- Label it "Specific Operational Parameters" (The author acknowledged
that this one is definitely "marketing speak".)
--- Maura Betler, Group 1 Software, Inc. ---
*** Unlike the guy who "pulled the plug after three days," I find you
folks to be very helpful/useful ***