Re: Constant Revisions

Subject: Re: Constant Revisions
From: Helen Obaze <hobaze -at- GOSAFEGUARD -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 13:28:11 -0400

This is how I handle the issue of contant revisions:
- If a chapter has minor revisions (less than half of the chapter has
changed), I just reprint the revised pages. I put a date on every page (in
the footer) to keep track of the version.
- If there are additional pages in a chapter, I add letters to the
numbering system. For example, if I needed to insert a new page between
page 1-2 and 1-3, I would number the inserted pages as 1-2a, 1-2b, 1-2c,
and so on. I have never had changes that required going beyond the letter
"Z" so I am not sure how I would handle that. The inserted pages also get
a date in the footer - just the month and year.
- I send just the changed pages to the printer.
- When distributing the changed pages to the users, I include instructions
that they are to replace the old pages and leave pages that do not have a
corresponding new page. My audience is used to this sort of thing and they
are not confused by it.
I hope this helps.