Re: quick request for help; changing printer's and formatting; angry boss

Subject: Re: quick request for help; changing printer's and formatting; angry boss
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 08:46:44 -0700

>This is sort of silly, but...

>Just had a nasty encounter with my new boss. I had mentioned that the
>format of a document will not be the same from printer to printer. He
>sorta exploded and responded that I don't know what I'm talking about. >Any good source to back this up? Apparently my entirely credibility
>is on the line.

This is the Age of Science. Surely you can make the experiment.

In any event, no competently designed program reformats a document
just because you changed from one printer to another (presumably
with the same size of paper in it). But there are plenty of
incompetently designed programs out there. Some are the "industry
standard."

I have seen the effect you mention, but can't remember which
program it was. PageMaker? Quark? One of the kludgier
packages, in any event.

-- Robert
--
Robert Plamondon, High-Tech Technical Writing, Inc.
robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (541) 453-5841 * Fax: (541) 453-4139