Re: Need Copyedit Advice

Subject: Re: Need Copyedit Advice
From: Willa MacAllen <macallen -at- TIAC -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 20:04:14 -0700

Greetings Amy:

I'm a new subscriber to techwr-l, so this is my first post to this
particular list. I'm glad there was something that I could respond to
right away.

If you really want advice, there is a copyedit listserv that is an
excellent starting point (not that techwr-l isn't, btw). If you want
information on subscribing to copyedit-l, send me an email and I'll be
glad to forward it to you.

Guess I should introduce myself to the list by saying that I'm an
Information Broker who is a tech writer wannabe. I have an MLS degree
from Simmons College, Boston, MA and somehow got interested in indexing,
proofreading and editing in addition to research, cataloging and database
management (yes, it's a weird combination of professional interests, but
there it is.)

Anyhow, I've gone through more than one professional change in the past
10 years and found myself thinking about technical writing as a
profession. Actually, had I been smart when I graduated from college 10
years ago, I'd have gone in to technical writing instead of library
science, but that's another philosophical discussion of its own.

I hope to learn a lot from this list about the technology tech writers
use.

Thanks.

Willa MacAllen
MacAllen's Information Services