[no subject]

From: Richard Yanowitz <ryanowit -at- NYCT -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 1997 09:27:36 -0400

At 03:40 PM 9/1/97 +0300, Warren Singer wrote:
>1.Does anybody know details about the methodology for producing
>documentation called "Info Mapping"?

It's a useful documentation layout approach that mystifies itself with lots
of jargon and "methodology." The company's office is in Waltham, MA.
Their courses are expensive (~$1300 a couple of years ago) and overly long
but helpful. I often adapt some of their specific layout approach, though
it is not fundamentally different from what I'd already figured out from
years in the business.

I don't know if they do international courses.

When you take their course, you get a notebook/textbook to take away and
software (for your choice of word processors, at least Word and
Wordperfect--I don't know if they include a template for PC Write or Write
On) to help automate use of their layout.

The company is:
Information Mapping, Inc.
300 Third Ave.
Waltham, MA 02154

617-890-7003
800-MAP-4544
fax: 617-890-1339

I expect you could find an e-mail address for them by searching on the web.

Good luck.

Richard Yanowitz, NYC
mailto:ryanowitz -at- bigfoot -dot- com

Freelance writers (including tech writers): join the National Writers Union
for contract help, grievances, health benefits, lobbying, community....

For further information, e-mail me or contact the union directly:
web site: http://www.nwu.org/nwu/
mailto:nwu -at- nwu -dot- org