Re: Page Ranges in an Index

Subject: Re: Page Ranges in an Index
From: Willa MacAllen <macallen -at- TIAC -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 08:02:11 -0700

>Is there an advantage to using page ranges for entries in an index?

I can't imagine not using page ranges in an index, but then, that's how I
was trained to index. How else would one reflect the appropriate
information in the index?

BTW, I hope that indexing issues are a constant thread on this list.
Since I'm a wanna be tech writer, I'm interested in learning how indexing
is different in technical manuals than back-of-the-book indexing.

Willa MacAllen
MacAllen's Information Services
Information Broker
Boston