Re: Bar Code vs. Barcode

Subject: Re: Bar Code vs. Barcode
From: Dennis Hays <dhays -at- NOVALIS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 14:53:16 -0400

In my last contract for a radiologic management system, the US Navy
shipyards used this device to read doseages. We settled on the following:

Bar code = for the graphic symbol on paper
Bar-code reader = for the device reading the bar codes

However, the US Navy persists in calling it barcode, as onsite, as offsite,
and also persists in using the contracted form of identification as Id
(Freudian?).

Dennis Hays
The Burden Lake Group, Ltd.
On Contract at Novalis Corp.