Re: Frame, Quark Xpress and a recalcitrant client

Subject: Re: Frame, Quark Xpress and a recalcitrant client
From: "M. Dannenberg" <midannen -at- SI -dot- BOSCH -dot- DE>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 10:07:14 +0200

Candace Bamber schrieb:

> They don't know much about DTP or Word Processing, but someone in
> their
> group loves Quark Xpress, and they are quite determined to use Quark
> Xpress
> despite my rather vehement attempts to dissuade them on the grounds of
>
> efficiency and maintenance nightmare. (Not to mention the fact that
> I'm
> terrified I'm going to end up having to deal with the thing.)

Typical. I once had quite a struggle convincing our IT people that I
need Visio for doing diagrams and Powerpoint would just not cut it. It
also took me years of evangelising to get people to adopt Frame on a
larger scale. Generally speaking, in my experience people would much
rather stick with the tools they have, even if something much better is
available.

I think you're absolutely right and you should insist on Frame. I know
this may not be an option for you, but I'd walk out if someone tried to
force me to use a tool that I know is totally unsuitable for the job at
hand. Alternatively you can hit them where it really hurts, in their
wallets. Just quote double the price for doing it in Quark.

Mike

--

Mike Dannenberg
ETAS GmbH & Co.KG