Re: B&W or Colour

Subject: Re: B&W or Colour
From: Suzanne Maloon <maloon -at- CDEPOT -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 08:24:52 -0700

Leslie said:

>My client is toying with the idea of print the entire manual
>in colour (Cost is not an issue.) but, both of us are unsure
>of whether this is a good idea.

This is strictly my own opinion (and of course, I have a million of them
<ha>) but I think color manuals start looking real cheesy after awhile.
It's almost like they want to make up in looks what they lack in content
(NOT saying your stuff lacks content, or even the ones I've seen.) I truly
believe a black and white document can be formatted to be even more
dramatic and eye catching than a color document. It's all in the fonts and
the layouts.

Suzanne Maloon, Consultant

maloon -at- cdepot -dot- net
215 Mason Street