More on Ballooning Help File

Subject: More on Ballooning Help File
From: Andrea Kelso <andreak -at- ASTOUND -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 12:41:48 -0400

One of the development guys was just looking at the problem, and he has no ideas about what is causing it, but we recompiled the file and noticed that the problem seems to be with the bitmaps. The compilation report gives the file size and then the bitmaps size. All but about 350 KB of my huge help file is bitmaps.

The directory my bitmaps are stored in is only 266K. Most of the bitmaps are 16 colour screenshots of buttons that are only about 15x13 pixels and are only 1 or 2 KB.

Any suggestions?

AK

Andrea Kelso
Technical Writer, Astound incorporated
andreak -at- astound -dot- com

My opinions don't necessarily agree with those of the company, they don't even necessarily agree with my other opinions.