Re: writing for non-native speakers of English

Subject: Re: writing for non-native speakers of English
From: Buck and Tilly Buchanan <writer -at- WF -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 13:30:01 -0500

Here's the Buck way:

In one of my previous lives, I taught ESL, English as a Second Language.
In doing so, I became proficient in communicating with, for want of a
better term, ESL Readers.

I found it quite easy then, to write with ESL Readers as my audience.

Essentially, it means writing to a F-K RGL of about four.

Try a Junior College course in ESL or Teaching ESL.