What do you call the right side of the taskbar?

Subject: What do you call the right side of the taskbar?
From: Pamela Wayne <WAYNEP -at- NETSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 14:21:16 -0700

Hello TWs!

Simple question (or so I thought); hope someone out there can help me.

What is the name of the area on the far right side of the Windows 95
taskbar?
You know, the little box that can contain your system clock and icons
such as
an envelope icon when you have new mail or a printer icon when you have
print job running.

The term we are currently using, "system tray," doesn't seem quite right
(the
only reference I found refers to the system tray as "an early name for
the
Win95 taskbar"), nor does "special status area" (which I found in
another
Win95 GUI book).

Anyone have any ideas on what it is officially called? TIA.

Pam Wayne
waynep -at- netsoft -dot- com