Enough!: Liberal arts, blah, blah, whine

Subject: Enough!: Liberal arts, blah, blah, whine
From: "Paul C. Nendick" <pauly -at- ENTERACT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 10:18:45 -0500

Let's cut to the chase.

I've played both of these two roles for many years, successfully.
Here's my 'concise' executive summary:

Career Feel superior because of their self-perceived superior
Academics: dedication to higher thought and their rejection of greed
as a motivating force.

Business Feel superior because their tough skins have survived
Types: the 'real world.' Often look at academics as freeloaders
living off their benevolent contributions to the public
larder that fuels academics in the US.

Guess what? Both of these extreme stereotypes are wrong. Whichever
of these two groups you consider yourself to be a part of, stop
agreeing with the statement I've written of the other.

My own dislike? People who bait each other across this invisible
barrier.

Let's end this stupid discussion.

And anyway, mine's bigger than yours!
--