IPCC 97: early registration deadline 9/19

Subject: IPCC 97: early registration deadline 9/19
From: "Deloach, Scott" <sdeloach -at- RPSPO2 -dot- ATLANTAGA -dot- NCR -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 17:21:18 -0400

Hello everyone.
The early registration deadline for IPCC 97 is next Friday, September
19. Below is a short announcement about the conference. For more
information, visit http://www.avana.net/~rhouser/ieee/ipcc97/ieee.htm.

If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me.
.scott

Scott DeLoach, IPCC 97 Co-Program Chair
scott -dot- deloach -at- pobox -dot- com

---------

IPCC 97 Crossroads in Communication
Advance Program and Registration Information
October 22-25, 1997
in Salt Lake City, Utah
at Snowbird Conference Center and Resort

A Personal Invitation
=====================
IPCC 97 will be a linked conference with SIGDOC 97; we will have a day
of joint sessions where attendees can participate in sessions from
either conference. Additionally, we're providing a substantial discount
if you want to attend both conferences. (For more information about
SIGDOC 97, see http://www.acm.org/sigdoc/sigdoc97).

Both conferences feature a full program of papers, panel discussions,
demonstrations, case studies, and tutorials on these and other topics.
In addition, the conferences provide you an opportunity to network with
other professionals and to develop skills and share ideas relevant to
your job.

Conference Highlights
=====================
IPCC 97 offers strong program designed to appeal to technical
communicators and individuals who work with the design and delivery of
technical information, whether you're a practitioner, researcher,
educator, or student. In addition to nearly 18 technical sessions and
35 presentations to choose from, you can gain cutting-edge insights from
numerous featured speakers, including:

* Karen Schriver (keynote speaker), "New Literacies: New Challenges for
Communicators"
* a distinguished panel on Minimalism, including John Carroll, Ginny
Redish, Barbara Mirel, Stephanie Rosenbaum, Hans van der Miej, and JoAnn
Hackos
* Mary Deaton, "The Future of Help Design"
* John Brockmann, "Do New Computer Technologies Mean The Creation of New
Documentation Methodologies?"
* Jonathan Price, "Using Complexity Theory to Understand What's
Happening to Technical Communicators"
* Saul Carliner, general session on exploring the future of technical
communication
* Robert Krull, "Three Levels of Guidance in Technical Tutorials"
* Judith A. Ramey and David Farkas, "A Model for Organizational Web
Development"
* William M. Gribbons, "Designing for the Global Community"
* Bernadette Longo, "Who Makes Engineering Knowledge?: Changing
Identities of Technical Writers in the 20th Century United States"
* managers from Microsoft, Apple, Corel, and Sun Microsystems discussing
documentation crossroads

Registration Fees
=================

Advanced Rate (by September 19, 1997)
-------------------------------------
Member $325
Nonmember $400
Student/Retiree $150
Two days of SIGDOC Conference (IEEE/PCS member) $125
Two days of SIGDOC Conference (nonmember) $200

Regular Rate (after September 19, 1997)
---------------------------------------
Member $400
Nonmember $475
Student/Retiree $400
Two days of SIGDOC Conference (IEEE/PCS member) $200
Two days of SIGDOC Conference (nonmember) $275

I Can't Make It - Can I Buy the Proceedings?
If you can't attend the conference and would like a copy of the IPCC 97
Proceedings, please send $45 plus $5 (in the US) or $13.00 for
postage/handling (rest of the world) to:

W. P. Kehoe
IPCC Finance & Registration Chair
13618 Hull Street Road, Suite 225
Midlothian, VA 23112

The Proceedings will feature over 50 full papers (almost 500 pages!)
covering a wide range of current technical communication issues. For a
full list of the sessions, please e-mail me at scott -dot- deloach -at- pobox -dot- com -dot-

ALL ORDERS MUST BE POSTMAKED ON OR BEFORE OCTOBER 24, 1997. REQUESTS
AFTER THAT DATE WILL BE RETURNED.