Australian conference: ASTC NSW

Subject: Australian conference: ASTC NSW
From: Irene Wong <wongword -at- OZEMAIL -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 20:44:20 +1100

This notice sent out by Irene Wong, Newsletter editor, ASTC(NSW).
wongword -at- ozemail -dot- com -dot- au

CHALLENGE IN DIVERSITY

ASTC (NSW) Conference ?97
2 days Friday 31 October and Saturday 1 November
Mercure Hotel, St Leonards, Sydney, NSW, Australia
(This is a short walk from St Leonards station.)

The Australian Society for Technical Communication (New South Wales)
this year recognises the diverse and changing skills required within our
industry and aims to help you meet the challenge that change brings.

**Internet**
The Internet is playing a greater part in the way we disseminate
information. Therefore we?ll look at how both the Internet and intranets
are used to do this and how to do it effectively.
Other sessions on the Internet include:
* legal aspects, such as intellectual property
* the role of the Internet in building corporate cultures.

**Diverse audiences**
As our writing reaches more people we need to become more aware of
cultural differences in writing for diverse audiences.
Our opening speaker has had many years experience working in Asia and
will speak on the challenges involved in reaching a multicultural
audience.

**Plus lots more**
Other sessions include:
* managing documentation
* defining and estimating the project
* the professionalism of technical writers
* the Style Manual and electronic publishing (presented by Lindsay
Mackerras from the AGPS)
* workshop on online editing
* how to design, or in this case, how not to design, forms.

**For more information**
Elaine Raahauge, conference organiser
raahauge -dot- elaine -at- a2 -dot- abc -dot- net -dot- au
or
Jill Nicholson, president
jpnicho -at- ozemail -dot- com -dot- au