"Re: Version clarification,"

Subject: "Re: Version clarification,"
From: Hareesh Kumar K N <hari -at- CISCO -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 19:53:02 +0500

I don't know much, but I've worked on both the versions
mentioned. So whatever I'm adding is very limited, and already known to
you.

Word 7.0 comes with the Office95 suite applications:

Main Features (upgrades from Word 6.0) are:

1. Auto Spell Check : They call it IntelliSense, which checks
for misspelt words, or rather word that are not in word's dictionary,
and underlines them with a wavy read line.
2. Automatic Numbers and Bullets: When you type a word or
sentence with an asterisk (*), and press Enter, Word automatically
converts it into a bulleted list. It'll do the same for a numbered list,
if you start the line with 1.
3. A number of Autocorrect entries, like the ones for registered
trade mark, copyright etc.

This is all I can remember of Word 7.0's features.

Word 8.0 comes with the Office97 suite.

1. Up front, Word's become more like an online document
authoring (web authoring) tool with this version.

2. The interface is much more appealing, no raised buttons on
toolbars, and they can really 'sense' the mouse.
3. You can directly save a document as a HTML file.
4. A certain amount of version control is provided.
5. A new function called Auto Summarise is added to the Tools
menu.
6. Its menu bar is made similar to a toolbar, so that addition
of menu items is easier. So now, you can drag it around and place it
wherever you want. (In the beginning, when I was fiddling with it, I
lost an entire menu set and had a tough time retrieving it).
7. The drawing tools are more advanced, providing 3D effects and
allows you to use images as 'watermarks' for your documents.

This is all I can recall, as I'm not using it these days.
Regards

Hari

^^^^^

"The diameter of each day is measured by the stretch of thought-not by the rising and setting of the sun."

~ Henry Ward Beecher

TECHWR-L (Technical Communication) List Information: To send a message to 2500+ readers, e-mail to TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU -dot- Send commands to LISTSERV -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU (e.g. HELP or SIGNOFF TECHWR-L). Search the archives at http://www.documentation.com/ or search and browse the archives at http://listserv.okstate.edu/archives/techwr-l.html